Friday, August 01, 2014

24,902

An interesting number. If you're excited about geography or maps or something like that, you know that 24,902 is the number of miles around the world at the equator.

But for me, it's a goal. And this Sunday, my mileage logs will actually reach the number 24,902. I have run enough miles in my running career to have run all the way around the world at the Equator. 

It's an exciting time. I was never an athlete in high school. Never in college. But late in life, I discovered something cool. RUNNING. I had grown up at a time when nobody even knew what fast-twitch muscle meant. 

Now I'm a runner. I've run enough miles to run around the world. A really cool milestone. Who'd a thought? I'm running a few miles on Sunday, then heading to The Hideout at 8 p.m. to celebrate a little bit. 

What's the point here? I'm a late-in-life athlete who has actually done a lot of really cool stuff. Never was an athlete. If I could do all this stuff, YOU CAN TOO!


No comments: